We started as a small operation in the West Country, and now have a presence across much of the country – so we can give many more greyhounds and lurchers the chance to find their forever home.
Forever Hounds Trust takes in greyhounds and lurchers in need. Our dogs come from members of the public, veterinary surgeries and dog wardens. We also help responsible trainers and owners rehome their racing greyhounds, where space allows. Some come to us from general rescue centres, and others from southern Ireland, which is the main breeding ground for racing greyhounds and where conditions are especially tough for sighthounds. Forever Hounds Trust takes in greyhounds of all ages, from puppies to golden oldies!
We carefully match hounds and homes, and provide support for life through our post-homing support team of qualified behaviourists. If you can give a loving home to a greyhound or lurcher, please contact us to find out more!
Forever Hounds Trust has a network of fantastic and dedicated volunteers – who in 2013 were named ‘Animal Charity Team of the Year’ by Petplan and the Association of Dogs & Cats Homes. Forever Hounds Trust’s work is led by volunteers all over the country, who co-ordinate the rescue and re-homing of dogs; spread the word of what wonderful pets greyhounds and lurchers make; and raise funds to enable us to help more dogs.
We are reliant on donations and the fundraising efforts of our volunteers and supporters.
Forever Hounds Trust Needs You!
Our amazing supporters, volunteers and fundraisers are essential to our work!
Ways to help:
- Home a hound – greyhounds and lurchers make great pets! Meet the dogs currently searching for their forever homes here.
- Donate – £12 can keep a dog safe, warm and well fed in kennels for a day
- Become A Friend and receive our magazine ‘’Talking Greyhounds’ twice a year
- Sponsor a dog, kennel space or vet treatment – dogs in Forever Hounds Trust’s care need safe and warm kennel spaces whilst they await their forever homes, and a variety of vital vet treatment and care to ensure they are healthy and happy. You can sponsor a kennel space, vet treatment or one or our sponsor dogs directly.
- Volunteer with us – we have lots of rewarding and interesting volunteer roles, from helping to walk kennel dogs to supporting our national fundraising! Our roles are flexible and can work around your availability and skills, so if you are interested in helping, please get in touch. Find out more on our website or contact us for an informal chat.
- Fundraise – our fundraisers do all sorts of things, from helping out with our regular street collections to climbing mountains! We can put you in touch with your local team to get involved with events near you, or provide guidance on how to organise your own fundraiser.
- Leave a legacy – by remembering Forever Hounds Trust in your will, you can help ensure that our valuable work lives on.