Our vision and values
Our vision is a day when every greyhound and lurcher is free from risk or need.
- Rescue and care for unwanted, abused or abandoned greyhounds, lurchers and other sighthounds in any part of the country, resources allowing.
- Find loving permanent homes for all our hounds.
- Provide, in line with best practice, care for all our hounds.
- Strive for and promote improved sighthound welfare through our active membership of the UK Greyhound Forum, the All Parliamentary Group for Animal Welfare, the Association of Dogs & Cats Homes and any other appropriate body.
- We believe every dog should be protected from abuse, neglect and abandonment
- We believe every dog should have a permanent, loving home
- We advocate, influence and inspire others to improve welfare for all sighthounds
- We work together in order to achieve our mission and ultimately, our vision
- We give the best possible care to our dogs
- We always act in the best interests of our dogs
- We always strive to find the best permanent, loving home for each of our dogs
- We never willingly choose to put a healthy dog to sleep
- We lead the way in matching our dogs to permanent, loving homes
- We work to the highest possible standards in each area of our work
- We use our experience and data to lobby for improved welfare for all sighthounds
- We create a supportive, respectful and enabling environment for volunteers, trustees and staff
- We are courteous, fair and considerate