Our vision, mission and values
Our vision is a day when every greyhound and lurcher is free from risk or need.
Forever Hounds Trust will, through our work, be recognised as the leading independent charity operating in the field of rescue, rehabilitation and rehoming of unwanted, abused or abandoned greyhounds and lurchers.
- Forever Hounds Trust will provide facilities to rescue and care for unwanted, abused or abandoned greyhounds and lurchers in any part of the country if resources allow.
- Forever Hounds Trust will provide an ongoing professional and caring service for all dogs taken into our care and placed into pet homes.
- Forever Hounds Trust will support the promotion of improved greyhound and lurcher welfare through our membership of the Greyhound Forum, the Association of Dogs & Cats Homes and any other appropriate body.
- Forever Hounds Trust are proud to never put a healthy dog to sleep, other than on welfare grounds. Euthanasia is only ever considered in cases of physical ill-health on veterinary advice, or poor mental health where, despite extensive behavioural work, the issues could not be remedied.
- Forever Hounds Trust will aim for the highest standards in our working relationships with volunteers and supporters, potential homes, suppliers and other persons or groups engaged in similar activity.
- Forever Hounds Trust and its representatives will seek to be courteous, fair and considerate in all dealings with each other and the public.
Our Charitable Objectives, as registered with the Charity Commission, are that we:
- Provide care and protection to relieve the suffering of retired or unwanted greyhounds and lurchers by providing and maintaining kennels and other facilities for their reception and care.
- Place greyhounds and lurchers in such permanent homes as the trustees may consider appropriate.
In order to achieve this, the Trustees have stated that in the short term Forever Hounds Trust will:
- Provide as many kennel spaces for rescue dogs as our resources allow.
- Increase the number of successful rehomings.
- Improve the cost efficiency and effectiveness of our administrative processes.
- Maintain a strong and effective board of Trustees
- Increase our financial strength by developing all areas of income available to us whilst maintaining current income levels.
- Maintain a prudent reserve that reflects the operating costs of the charity.
- Offer training and support to our volunteers.
In the longer term Forever Hounds Trust strives to:
- Have guaranteed kennelling facilities, veterinary support and resources, which will allow us to meet our Charitable Objectives until such time as every greyhound and lurcher is free from risk or need.